Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4/29/2012

Reflections

Wow I can not believe Conner will be 2 months on Tuesday.  He has changed so much since he was born.  Today I was looking though pictures from the hospital, working on a Shutterfly book, wow has he gotten big.  He is starting to hold his head up really well.  Loves to lay on his play mat and kick his feet, looking at the mirrored octopus.  Conner is smiling more and cooing more often.

He made his first big trip at the beginning of the month.  We went to Minnesota for Easter and he was baptized on Easter Sunday, in the same baptism gown his Grandma, Great-uncle, Mom, Uncle Callen, and my cousin Jamie were all baptized in.  He was awed over by all of his grandmas, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpas, and many friends.  He did very well on the car ride both there and back, but it helped that we stopped 1/2 way overnight.  Grandma and Grandpa even babysat one night while we went out to dinner with friends.          

I am thanking my lucky stars that Breast Feeding has been going great.  I have been pumping once a day to start a freezer stash of breast milk for when I have to go back to work.  Currently I have almost 90 oz frozen!! Cloth Diapering has also been going great.  We used some home made diapers the first month, until Conner got to big for them.  Now we are almost exclusively using BumGenius 4.0 Diapers (http://www.bumgenius.com/).  We have 24 Diapers and do a load of diaper laundry every other day.  BumGenius Diapers according to there website fit baby's from 7-35 pounds.  We have found we like the snap closures better because they stay on more securely.  I will write more later about the savings of Cloth Diapers not only on the environment but also the wallet.   

I LOVE being home with Conner.  He keeps me laughing and busy.  I am dreading going back to work on the 9th of May.  He will go to daycare starting the 16th.  I love our daycare lady, Elizabeth, so I know he will be in good hands, but I am still nervous about going without him for 10 hours.  I am trying not to focus on that yet and trying to enjoy my time at home with Conner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment