Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5/17/2011

Mixed Emotions

The past few days have been full of mixed emotions.  About many things.  The house, Grandpa I, making sure we can make it home plus get everything together for the house, how Grandma I is doing and sending prayers for peace. 

First an foremost Mike is taking off for Minnesota tonight after work.  He will stay with my cousins in Moorhead before heading to Minneapolis in the morning. I will be taking the train on Wednesday night and getting to St. Paul on Thursday morning early.  The funeral is on Thursday at 11:00 am with a viewing at 10:00.  Mike will be wearing his dress uniform.  I can't wait to give Grandma I and Mike Sr both a big big hug. (I am so glad that we are closer to "home" and we can easily make to there vs. living in Alaska.)

On to a house update:
Yesterday I went to the bank and signed a boat load of papers for the loan.  Then brought them home for Mike to sign, since he had to work late.  We have locked in our interest rate at a very good rate of 4.25%!  Next we have our home inspection which I also have mixed emotions on.  It will begin on Wednesday at 9:00 am.  I will be "attending" the whole thing, measuring the rooms and taking a TON of pictures.  I am super excited to get back in the house and explore a little more but at the same time I am super nervous that the home inspection is going to find a deal breaker.  Now, don't get me wrong, if there is something wrong with the house we want to know about it.  But at the same time I really hope and pray that nothing will show up, because if there is something wrong than we have to start over... which would be a pain because currently there are no other homes on the market in our price range that we would consider.    I really do not want to let this one get away because it is well under our budget and we can really make it our own.  

I will post some pictures after the home inspection... wish us luck 

No comments:

Post a Comment