Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8/14/2011

10 Years Together


10 years ago Thursday Mike and I started dating, after talking on the phone through an entire Viking Pre-season game.  It is really hard to believe that we have been together that long, I am starting to feel old.
 We have been through so many things is the last 10 years to list just a few of the happy memories:
  • ·         started and graduated high school
  • ·         met at the Mall of America for numerous dates
  • ·         went to 2 proms, and at least 5 Home Coming Dances
  • ·         made it through college, including me being in Sweden for 5 months
  • ·         got Java in 2007
  • ·         we have vacationed to Colorado, Maine, Hawaii, Sweden, Minnesota and numerous camping trips in Alaska
  • ·         Mike took a leap of faith and moved to Alaska when I got a job out of college
  • ·         moved into our first two condos together in Anchorage
  • ·         Got married in 2008
  • ·         Adopted Cora this past January, although it feels like she has been in our family for nearly 10 years
  • ·         I  took a leap of faith and moved to North Dakota when Mike got his dream job as a Police officer
  • ·         We bought our first home together

And those are just a few of the highlights.  I am in no way saying we have not had hard times.  Moving to Alaska, away from everything and everyone who we were close to was challenging.  Mike has lost both of his Grandfathers and we lost Callen.  But we have been each other’s shoulder to cry on.  Have made each other breakfast in bed, so the other would get up and go to work.  And have made each other laugh I am so thankful to have had Mike by my side through the good, the bad and the everyday.  He has kept me grounded and adds a bit of adventure into my life.  I can’t wait to see what the next ten, twenty, thirty and more years will bring.            
Last Picture Together in Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment