Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8/12/2009

Eight Years...Holy Cow


As of yesterday Mike and I have been together for EIGHT YEARS! That is a long long time, over 1/3 of our lives! We did not do anything exciting, Mike actually said that he no longer has to remember the date since we have a new anniversary! But the date August 11th, 2001 will be a special date in my heart. Here is how I remember the it:

After meeting at Pine Ridge Indian reservation on our Mission trip we said our good byes and promised to keep in contact. (The picture above is a picture of us a couple hours before we left the school on the reservations.) A day later our church van was stuck in road work and my dad (who was driving) says "I think on of the other Church's van is 3 cars behind us", so 2 of the guys from my church (Jason and Dan I believe) jump out of our van and run to the other one. Of course it is the van that Mike is in. I jump out of the van and give Mike a huge hug almost knocking him over! Then we have to say a quick good bye because the traffic started moving again.

My mom and brother met my dad and I in South Dakota and we went on a 2 week family vacation. Driving through Montana and Wyoming I kept thinking of Mike, wearing a beaded bracelet that he gave me. On August 11th we finally pulled into Minnesota.

That night Mike and his brother Jory, who also had been on the mission trip, call me up. We talked through the entire pre-season game of the Minnesota Vikings, I do not remember if we won or not. At the end of the game I am talking to Mike and he says "Jory wants to ask you something" Jory gets on the phone "Mike wants to know if you will go out with him?" And the rest is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment