Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8/02/2009

Hope, Alaska

Bikers Down Town Hope




Hike


Sarah, Jenna, and Ruth on the Hike Waterfall in the background


Water was moving quick

Jenna and I



Jenna, Sarah, Riley and Sebastian


Me and Sebastian


The road





YOU can kinda see the road in this picture if you look close





This weekend I went on a women's retreat to Hope, Alaska. It is only about 13 miles from Anchorage if you go directly, however if you want to take the road it is about 2 hours. There were a total of 11 women down for the day Saturday but only about 6 people stayed at the cabin for the entire weekend. I rode down with Sarah and Jenna and their two dogs Sebastian and Riley. Friday we went out to dinner at discovery cafe, they had very good onion rings :) Saturday we went on a short hike in the morning, played some games around lunch, and went on an adventure after lunch. Jenna had found a hiking trail to go to and the start was at the end of Palmer Creek Road, little did we know that the end of the road would take us an hour to get to, with the last 4 miles were not maintained. At some points it looked as though you were driving into a lake. Once we got to the end of the road we walked up to a waterfall, however we somehow missed the trail and just walked through the tundra. The water fall was really pretty, you could feel the mist! We found the trail on the way back down.

Saturday night we had a Halibut and Salmon Feast with a ton of side salads. We made a fire and made som-mores outside. I am really glad that I went, it was great to get away for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment