Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

7/14/2010

Five Months

Wow I cannot believe it has been over 5 months since I have talked to Callen. I miss him with all my heart, soul and mind. I am reminded of him daily by others with dreads, in the things I do and the music I listen to.
Today another blog that I follow, A Ruby Family (http://Rubybaby09.blogspot.com) is suffering through the exact.same.thing. Ashley's 22 year old brother Charlie died suddenly in a car accident. I cannot help but have tears running down my face thinking that another family is going through this.
Monday I found out that my childhood friend and neighbor SSGT Kyle Malin was injured while serving our country in Afghanistan, he was on his 3rd tour there. The vehicle ahead of his hit a road side bomb, he ran up to help when another one went off. He has had both legs amputated, one leg above the knee, the other just below the knee. Last I heard he was in a comma and on his way to Germany to recover and then he will be transferred to Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital. I think I am more in shock about this then anything else. I feel so bad for his wife, two sons under 5, his parents and his sister who was my best friend growing up. His life will forever be changed not only physically, but emotionally and mentally. The Army is what he had wanted to do since I can remember. I remember Kyle "painting" Callen with his army painted, Callen thought it was so cool. They would run around plying army and recking havoc on their sisters.
I have decided that Life is not Fair. Why do good young people get injured and die suddenly? Why do good people get hit again and again with bad luck? However I do know that God will only test us with events he knows we can get through...

No comments:

Post a Comment