Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9/21/2010

Free Money

I love free money! Alaska is the only State to pay its residents for simply living in the state. Today the Permanent Fund Dividend, also know as the PFD, amount was announce! Drum roll please.....
Mike and I will each be receiving $1281!!!! so total we will get $2562 come October 7th. Holy Crap!
What are we planning to do with that money you might ask. Well we have more options then there is money. First we will put some away for taxes. Then we have the "responsible" list and the "fun" list.

First the "responsible" list:
- put money towards the Veracruz
- put money in our saving account for a future purpose like a house fund
- research a Roth IRA more and open accounts to go along with our employer supported retirement accounts
- donate money to the church or another cause
Then the "fun" list:
- go on a warm vacation this winter
- buy a new DSR camera
- Mike would love to buy a Gun
- I really want a puppy (but this is not really logical in our current living situation, I can dream)

In reality we will most likely to a combination of the "responsible" and "fun" items.
What would you do with the money??

No comments:

Post a Comment