Sorry for anyone who's following my blog I have just not been in the writing mood the last couple of weeks.
This holiday season is hard for me and the darkness of an Alaskan winter seems me be pressing on me more this year than in the past.
A friend, Liz, from high school posted on her facebook for extra prayers today, her little brother, JP, passed away two years ago today at the age of 21. JP, like Callen, was a lovable guy. He had the greatest sense of humor and could make everyone laugh, with the crazy stories he told. Both Liz and JP were on the Shot Put and Discus team with me in high school. I remember after Saturday practices we would all load up and go to OCB (Old Country Buffet). Getting the soup bowls to use for ice cream, since the ice cream ones were so tiny. I also worked with JP as a cart person at Target in high school. He made the hours go by faster, was a hard worker and would make everyone laugh. It sucks that both Liz and I have to go through losing our only sibling, our younger brother, someone who could light up a room with their charm. It sucks that our parents had to lose their only son, and youngest child. It sucks that all the family functions in the future look so much different now than they did before. JP is missed by many.
A friend, Liz, from high school posted on her facebook for extra prayers today, her little brother, JP, passed away two years ago today at the age of 21. JP, like Callen, was a lovable guy. He had the greatest sense of humor and could make everyone laugh, with the crazy stories he told. Both Liz and JP were on the Shot Put and Discus team with me in high school. I remember after Saturday practices we would all load up and go to OCB (Old Country Buffet). Getting the soup bowls to use for ice cream, since the ice cream ones were so tiny. I also worked with JP as a cart person at Target in high school. He made the hours go by faster, was a hard worker and would make everyone laugh. It sucks that both Liz and I have to go through losing our only sibling, our younger brother, someone who could light up a room with their charm. It sucks that our parents had to lose their only son, and youngest child. It sucks that all the family functions in the future look so much different now than they did before. JP is missed by many.In other news Mike and I have been busy decorating for Christmas. Changing the table cloth and candles. Exchanging the fall decoration with leafs for snowmen and Santa's. And I put out our 3 nativity scenes. I have a Willow Angel set, a Precious Moments set and a new porcelain set this year from my mom (her and my grandma have the same one). We are debating whether or not we will get a tree. As Grinchy as it sounds a live tree is a lot of work and who other then us is going to see it? And we have no place to store an artificial tree. One of the locally owned green houses has some small trees so we might go get one of those to put a few ornaments on and the presents under.

No comments:
Post a Comment