Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11/24/2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

“Develop an attitude of gratitude,
and give thanks for everything that happens to you,
knowing that every step forward is a step toward
achieving something bigger and better
than your current situation.”
~ Brian Tracy
I love this quote... but some times have a hard time staying true to it.
Here are a few of the things I am thankful for today:
  • For my wonderful husband Mike
  • For my parents who love me and support my decisions
  • For my extended family
  • For my church families in Alaska and in Minnesota
  • For all our friends
  • For our Kitty, Java
  • For the jobs that both Mike and I have
  • For our new apartment
  • For a warm place to sleep at night
  • For the bounty of food we have in the cupboards
  • For the warm clothes in our closets
  • For our cars which get us to point A to B
  • For our Sunday School kids who bring a smile to my face every week
  • For the youth we work with on Wednesday nights who keep us young
  • I am thankful for the time I had with Callen
Still with all this to be thankful for, I sit here and wonder why Callen is not here.  I miss him tons.  I wish he was here. I am thankful for all the great times I had with him.  His smile, his hugs, his love for life, his love for music and his love of God.  I am thankful for the difference Callen is still making, even when he is gone. 


Happy Thanksgiving... Love you Callen

No comments:

Post a Comment