Yesterday was the 9 month Anniversary of Callens passing. Let me tell you it still stinks. I miss him every day. and I know these next 2 months are going to be really hard with Thanksgiving and Christmas without him. When we were home Mike and I went and visited the "Callen Tree" at a local park in Lakeville that his friends stated for him. We painted on it I painted a Tree and said that I loved him and Mike wrote "Give what you Can" and drew a Ying Yang. My friend Lauren McKinney who is awesome took some pictures of us at the park. Here is one of my favorites in front of his tree.
Miss you Callen XOXO
I found this quote today
“I am responsible.
Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening,
I am responsible for my attitude toward
the inevitable misfortunes that darken life.
Bad things do happen;
how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life.
I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness,
immobilized by the gravity of my loss,
or I can choose to rise from the pain
and treasure the most precious gift I have –
life itself.”
~ Walter Anderson
Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening,
I am responsible for my attitude toward
the inevitable misfortunes that darken life.
Bad things do happen;
how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life.
I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness,
immobilized by the gravity of my loss,
or I can choose to rise from the pain
and treasure the most precious gift I have –
life itself.”
~ Walter Anderson
I like it...


this is beautiful Megan!!!! thanks so much for posting - 9 months really does suck - coulda had another baby - Sunday was worse for me than Saturday although not sure why - these shorter, darker days are making the "put one foot in front of the other" quite difficult - but we gotta keep doing it!!!!!!! and remember to treasuer the most precious gift :-)
ReplyDeleteLove love love you. I had a blast with you two and the photos turned out great 'cause you put me at ease. Know that Callen is will you every day, and I know you've seen him in the little things. I find myself anxiously swaying or picturing him grab his beard then laughing all the time :) I love you & am praying for you, Mike, Mama and Papa Fuchs.
ReplyDelete