Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2/20/2011

Packing Packing and some fun

Mike and I have been spending this weekend packing, packing and packing.  You can only take so much packing before you head implodes.  After about 2-3 hours you stand there looking at the organized chaos you have created and have no idea where to go next.  This weekend we completed the guest room, it is 100% packed! (except for a few big pictures.)  We have about 90% of our close packed.  The kitchen... well we have 3 smallish boxes packed.  And need to find more boxes... or buy some. 

I am going to get on a soap box here and say why in the h*ll are "moving" boxes so darn expensive.  Everywhere we go we ask if they have boxes and all the stores have said that they either do not have any "free" boxes or that we can buy moving boxes.  Sorry I do not believe that they do not have any boxes.  I know for a fact they recycle a lot of boxes everyday.  And second why are the boxes they sell $3-$5 a freaking box.  Really ugh.... stepping of the soap box.

Friday night was awesome. We had bought a wine making experience a while ago on Groupon.  So we went and tasted wine for about 2 hours ... amazing!  Then we helped mix a wine, a Luna Biana Chardonnay Wine.  It will not be ready to bottle for 8 weeks.  We will not be here so some friends have volunteered to bottle it for us.  And then ship it or bring it to us later.  

This weekend we also drove out to Eagle River Nature center for some fun.  We went snow shoeing with Cora of course.  She was so much fun to watch bounce in the snow.  I have some pictures but have been having some... technical difficulties posting them.  We also went out to lunch yesterday and had some yummy Mexican food. 

Sunday we had church and taught our k-1st-2nd graders.  They are so darn cute.  I got their addresses and promised to send them cards from North Dakota.  Then we dropped of our recycling.  And packed for a couple hours... got to the Chaos phase and took Cora for a 2 hours walk.  Then packed some more.  We watched the "new" Karate Kid on netflix... not 1/2 as good as the first one if you ask me....  but yeah. 

Tomorrow my work is closed...but we have a submittal on Tuesday and I have to finish the "package" as much as I can tomorrow so we can submit early on Tuesday.  I also have a physical type this for my new job.  Tomorrow night I think we are going to go to Simon and Seafort's for happy hour to use up our remaining gift card.  Then pack pack and more packing. 

My dad is flying up on Wednesday and then Mike and him are leaving in a Uhaul on Friday.  My mom and I will follow on the following Thursday.  I will try to update more later...       

No comments:

Post a Comment