Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2/28/2011

Hello

Well I have been I bit busy lately so the blog is seriously slacking, and I do not see it getting much better in the next couple of weeks.  Mike and Dad left here on Friday morning with 14' uhual, with my car towed behind it.  They made it to Whitehorse the first night, then Fort Nelson, then Llyodminister AB, and finally Williston, ND!   They made it through the boarders with no problems... can I hear and Amen!!  Today they unloaded the uhual and then Mike drove my dad to Minot.  Where he rented a car to drive to Minneapolis.

My last day of work was also on Friday!!  And I start my new job with the North Dakota DOT on March 21st.  I have been cleaning, organizing and getting out "accounts" in order here in Alaska.  On Sunday I sold our Couch!!  Made $50 dollars on it, and used it for 2.5 years... I <3 Craig's list.  I also went to a couple of Aces Hockey games with Samantha, Hans and Jacob.  The last game we lost in a shoot out and I was a very mean auntie.  Samantha had left the seats to go get something and Jacob had a melt down.  I was holding him trying to calm him down as he was flailing.  I sat down (as the period was about to begin) and the arched his back, threw back his head and smack... hit his head, right by his eye on the seat next to me.  I feel so bad he has a nice red spot and shiner on his left eye.  Bad auntie Megan... 

Any who My mom is flying up either tomorrow or Wednesday to drive down with me, we plan to leave on Thursday. But have yet to decide where our stops will be, it depends on the road and how the animals take the drive.  Tomorrow I am taking the Veracruz in for an oil change and check over.  Walking the Dog.  Bringing our extra TP, dish washed detergent, food, ect. to the food bank.  Going to a yoga class.  Going to the salon to use up a gift card.  And the finishing cleaning and starting to pack the car.  I am really going to miss our friends in up here.  The scenery.  And the wild life.  North Dakota will be a BIG change but I am embracing it with an open heart and open arms.     

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I just saw this post and want to let you know I'll be thinking of you on your drive and praying for you and your Mom. I know it will be absolutely amazing!!! I'm so sorry that you're leaving, but change is good and this is just another new wonderful phase of life for you and Mike. :-) Looking forward to your next post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete