Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9/11/2011

15 weeks

At fifteen weeks I am starting to show, just a little bit.  We are starting to buy a few things for the baby.  The first things we bought was a couple books for the nursery including One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, and The Lorax. And we have decided to go with the theme of One fish Two fish for the nursery.  We got this to put in the nursery 
We plan to put it above the crib.  

Then today I ordered our first two or three cloth diapers!  Yes I know some people think that I am a little crazy for choosing to use or even try cloth diapers.  I have done my research.  Not only is it much healthier for our baby's skin, but it keeps diapers out of the landfill and keeps money in our pockets.  If you are interested in learning more about cloth diapers I encourage you to look here http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/newtocloth There is a ton of information.  

The first diaper that I ordered was off of Baby Steals dot com.  It is a Bum Cheeks Diaper. It is shown on the right. It can fit babies from 8 to 35 pounds, changing the snaps from small to large as shown below.
The second diaper I ordered is a Bum Genius.  These are the diapers I know the most about I "think" we will really like them but ordered one to make sure.
The final diaper I ordered is more to make some cute burp clothes for blueberry but can also be used as diapers.  I got 6 of the traditional Indian Prefold cloth diapers.  Although these days they do not need a safety pin, there is a little devise called a Snappi that you can use.  Unlike the Bum Cheeks and Bum Genius diapers a Prefold diaper requires a cover to waterproof it, the other two diapers have built in water barriers.

Finally in baby news I had an appointment on Friday.  The heart rate was 154, my blood pressure, weight, and urine were all good!!  Our next appointment is October 6th and it is the big one!  We get our ultrasound.       

No comments:

Post a Comment