Wow Mike and I had another great weekend! Mom and Dad got here around 1 on Friday. And got right to work.
On Friday Dad and Mike installed a new water heater and started to replace the 2 prong outlets with 3 prong outlets on the main level. The water heater went in fast... the outlets were a bit more challenging and were left half done. When they were done we had Alaskan Halibut and Asparagus for dinner. Then sat in the red bathroom for over an hour trying to decide on how best to redo it.
Saturday morning we ate the Berry Good French Toast Bake Mom and I had made Friday. (http://lonesomehollow.com/recipes/dish/berry-good-french-toast-bake/) It was really really yummy. Then Dad and Mike got to work again! They installed the new chandelier in the dinning room. Then installed 3 new ceiling fans up stairs, one in each bedroom. The boys also finished the electrical work on the first floor. Mom and I went to the few garage sales there were around town. We did not find much but we did find a glider for the nursery for only $30!! I was not planning on getting a glider but for $30 vs $500 at the furniture store, I could not say no and it will look good in the nursery. We also went to Ashley Furniture and Mom and Dad bought us (Mike, Me and Blueberry) a new recliner as their shower gift for blueberry. It should be to town in about 2 weeks. It is soooo comfy. Saturday night we had Grandma O over for dinner. And then watched How to Train Your Dragon. Well mom and dad did, Mike and I slept though most of it.
Sunday we got up and went to the 9:30 church service. Then came home and got to work...again. Dad sealed some opening on the outside of the house, they put up a new light in the back yard, put a new lock on the shed, brought our kayak over from Grandma O's, snaked out a couple of drains in the basement and by the laundry and tried to fix our basement shower. The basement shower just needs to but ripped out and redone, well the whole bathroom does but it will work until the red bath is redone in November.
Today we got up had a few muffins talked a bit. Then made a list of things both Dad and Mike need to get or get done befroe November so we are ready for the bathroom redo. Dad and Mike hung a shelf up in our bedroom and I moved a picture. Then it was time to say good bye. I think Cora and Willow were the saddest to say good bye. They play so well together and wear each other out for the most part.
I can't wait for Mom, Dad and Willow to come back in November!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment