Well 37 weeks and 4 days into my pregnancy I get my first what I would call truly negative side effect. I have PUPPS which is described by Baby Center as:
"Up to 1 percent of pregnant women develop a condition characterized by itchy, red bumps and larger patches of a hive-like rash on their bellies. This is called pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP) or polymorphic eruption of pregnancy.
PUPPP usually begins in the third trimester and is more common among women carrying twins and those having their first baby. The eruptions usually show up first on the abdomen around or in stretch marks (if you have any) and may spread to your thighs, buttocks, and arms. PUPPP is harmless for you and your baby, but it can itch like crazy!"
Well I can testify that they itch like crazy!! My Belly had been itching for a while but last night before bible study al of the sudden I had a painful itchy rash! Mike being the lovely husband that is he confirmed that I had bumps on my belly. I called the doctor’s office this morning and described it to them, they said yep that’s what you have. The doctor recommended Hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl at night. And they will re-evaluate it at my appointment on Friday.
Until then let’s hope I can resist the urge to itch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment