Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4/21/2009

Couch to 5K


So after my doctor told be to lose some weight, I decided I would start running... again. I did for about a year and a half in high school when trying to get on the volleyball team. I found a program online called couch to 5K in nine weeks (more info here http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml). Monday was my first night. I did a five minute warm up then jogged for 60 seconds, walked for 90 seconds. I also found a pod cast that Mike downloaded for me which really helped. The pod cast has music and then when you are supposed to switch from a jog to a walk etc a voice on the ipod says "5, 4, 3, 2, 1." (I found the music here http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html) There are quite a few other spots like this too if you search c5k pod cast. So my "plan" is to run 3 days a week and to do the elliptical/lift for at least 2 days a week. However last night after running/walking for 25 minutes I also did a stair stepper type thingy for 20 minutes! The doctor says I "should lose" 20-25 pounds to be at an ideal weight but I am aiming to lose more like 15 for now. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment