Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9/04/2009

Labor Day

Mike and I are packing up and heading out to Nancy Lake to go Camping this weekend! We are taking the Kayak, the bikes, the tent and of course a ton of food. I am excited to have a camp fire and it actually be dark so we can enjoy it. Maybe we will even be able to see some stars. It will be a little chilly in the tent with the lows expected in the low 40's to upper 30's..brrr.
We are going to go into the Alaska State fair on Saturday. We are meeting Samantha and Jacob out there! Mmmm fried food, free crap, lots of entertainment, farm animals and giant veggies.

In other news. I am super pumped! I am going to be a co-coach for FIRST Lego League (FLL)Robotics team through Girl Scouts! Me, two coworkers and another engineer are leading a team together. We will have a team of 7-10 girls ages 9-14. From now until January they will have to build a robot, and program it on the computer to complete different tasks. It has some way cool applications. I had the first coaches training last night. The basic program is somewhat like what I did for Tech GYRLs in College, so I have a bit of a leg up!
For more information on the events look here http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/fll/missions1.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment