Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9/02/2009

You learn something new everyday. Meal Plans.

You learn something new everyday. Yesterday I learned that you do not go grocery shopping on the 1st of the month. That is when many people in Alaska get their "checks" or deposits or stamps from the state/government and can get food for the month.

Last night after dinner with Mike, I went to the gym and started the C25K again. Hopefully I can finish it this time. I really want to finish it before Thanksgiving.

Then went to the grocery store with my big list. I made a meal plan for the month of September Monday night and decided to go grocery shopping to get most everything for dinner for the month last night, plus lunch stuff for this week. Fred Meyers was a NUT HOUSE! They were out of fresh spinach, so I had to get frozen. (Actually made my green monster yummy and thicker.)

Any who back to the meal plan. I hate not knowing what is for dinner and having to come up with something every night so this month I made a plan for the whole month and got almost everything to make a month of dinners at the store last night. When I got home I assembled 4 dinners. 2 meals worth of a white chicken chili and 2 meal worth of chicken in Raspberry sauce both from the cook book "Don't panic, dinner's in the freezer : great-tasting meals you can make ahead," by Susie Martinez, that I got from the library.

Having a meal plan really helps to combat the going out to dinner. I am determined to only go out to dinner once this month, for our anniversary. Plus spending some money on food when we go to the "big" Alaska State Fair this weekend. It also helps to eat healthier. I have all the meals written on the calendar so I can make sure to take everything out of the freezer a day or 2 before. Some of the things on here twice I will only make once and the freeze 1/2 for the next time.

Here is what I have planned for the month:
1-chicken curry
2- chili
3-tuna casserole
4-hobo packs (camping)
5-fair food
6-marinated chicken (camping)
7-tostada salad
8-raspberry chicken
9-wild rice soup
10-pork chops
11-tater tot hot dish
12-enchiladas
13-manicotti
14-chili
15-salmon
16-hamburger
17-waffles and sausage
18-brats
19-chicken raspberry
20-anniversary
21-enchiladas
22-Manicotti
23- halibut
24-wild rice soup
25-eggs
26-bbq chicken pizza
27- spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment