Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9/14/2009

Weekend Review

Saturday was a wonderful day. I baked Enchiladas, Manicotti, wild rice soup, and made puppy chow. I went and worked out. And Saturday night we had the first get together for the young adult group at the church.

Sunday... was not so nice. It is 5 am, Mike gets up gets ready and heads out to the van to go to work... he gets in the van and realises that the rain sounds like it is in the van. He starts looking for an open window, turns around and realizes that the back window is completely smashed and broken out. So what does he do... runs back in the house turns on the light in the bed room and asks me if I took the check book out of the van. I say "yes dear" grunt and turn over.

Mike says " well the van does not have a back wind shield"

Me "CRAP"

So Mike goes to work and I call the non emergency line for the police they say to just file a police report online, there is nothing they an really do for us... SERIOUSLY. If we do not have a suspect they can not do anything... isn't it their job to find who did it! ugh! So I move the van into the garage since Mike took the car. And go back in the house to sulk a while.

Later in the morning, feeling like I could deal with the situation and replacing a window is not that bad; I go to investigate and clean up the glass a bit. Only to realise not only did the culprits smash in the window they also hit the back of the van with a bat, their foot, a bar, or something. And the back hatch back of the van is totally deformed. Because of this I cannot even get the back door open, are you kiding me!

So Monday I plan to call some companies on my lunch break and see how much it is going to cost us. I hope we can get the back hatch working and opening, so we only have to replace the window. Other wise we will try to find a hatch for the van at a junk yard to put on.

Hope everyone else weekend was good! (I will post pictures tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment