Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11/17/2009

Are we skipping Thanksgiving?


When did Thanksgiving become less important than Halloween and Christmas? Are we skipping Turkey day this year??? Mike and I went to Kohl's and Target last night because I wanted to get something to send to my friend for Thanksgiving, since it is her favorite holiday. So we go in and there are no, that is right ZERO, Thanksgiving decoration left. The store is playing Christmas Music, their Christmas decoration are hung but there are no Thanksgiving or fall decorations... anywhere. We find one hand towel in the clearance section. Then we go to look for a fall table cloth, since we are hosting Thanksgiving. there are about 3 or 4 different styles of fall themed table cloths but all for a oval or circle table, ours is more rectangular... you have to be kidding me!

So I find a couple things to use my $10 Kohl's cash on, since it was about to expire and we head to Target. Target has Christmas stuff up but thankfully did not have Christmas music playing. Again all the fall stuff was on Clearance except for a few basic table cloths that happened to be orange. We did find a Orange fall table cloth that had leaves of it, on clearance. But I am still angry that Thanksgiving is no longer a holiday for the consumer world. I think it is just because stores are trying to get people to buy more for Christmas, since you do not do gifts for Thanksgiving.
I personally Love Thanksgiving. To be around family and friend eating amazing food and stuffing yourself with Turkey! With no requirements of giving gifts! Actually just giving thank for making through the year, for your friends and family, for our health and the experiences that make us who we are.
So my Challenge to you is to Celebrate Thanksgiving, even is the store of America are forgetting about it.

1 comment: