Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11/15/2009

Busy Weekend

Mike and I have had a super busy weekend. Friday we went out to dinner with our dinner for nine group at church. We went to the restaurant at the end of our street called Rays Place, it serves Vietnamese food. I had vegetable fried rice and Mike Teriyaki Steak. After dinner we went to the Aces game. It was a good game but we lost 3 to 2 in Over Time. Then we went to Kohl's since they were open until midnight. We spent $65 and saved $175. We got a heating mattress pad for our bed... it is so nice.

Saturday we went to an Open House for a my coworker. It is a beautiful house in south Anchorage with an amazing kitchen. Then I had FLL where the girls did an awesome job programing the robot! Saturday night Mike and I went to the Aces game again. They won 7-1! It was a good game with 6 of the goals scored in the first period. We had to leave 1/2 way through the 2nd to go and pick up Samantha, Hans, and Jacob from the Airport. They came back from the sun and the fun in Arizona and Nevada.

Today we went to church this morning. It was youth Sunday. They did a great job leading the service. For the Sermon we had a Nooma video that we have seen with the youth before. Mike and I highly suggest watching some here is the web address Nooma.com, you can also find some on Youtube. This afternoon I made Cream of Mushroom soup, a red kale/ bean soup and prepped the Brussel Sprouts for dinner. Then I went to Bible study. When I got home we had Steak and Brussel Sprouts. They were very yummy. Here are links for the recipes that I used for the soups.
Cream of Mushroom

http://homecooking.about.com/od/soups/r/blss2.htm

Red Kale and White Bean Soup

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/02/rustic-red-kale-and-white-bean-soup.html

and the Brussel Sprouts

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/goldencrusted-brussels-sprouts-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment