Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6/08/2009

Sun!

Today is nice and sunny out. Yesterday was just plain HOT (got up to 72 in Anchorage)! I hiked up Flat Top yesterday with a friend. There were so many people out enjoying the nice weather. I drove since Mike and I bought a State Parks Pass last week and you need one to park in the lot. But I did not need it since the lot was full and we ended up having to park on the road anyway. I think it is funny the trail was full of people but when we got to the top it is like everyone is gone, spread out across the top of the mountain.

An update on my running. Well with my parent here the last week and a half I have not ran at all. Tonight I plan on starting up again, maybe running outside but we will see. (I am bad at pacing myself.) I am going to do Week 5 Day 1 again. That is run 5 minutes walk 3 run 5 minutes walk 3 run 5 minutes done. Again the program I am following is found here http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
and the i-pod cast I listen to are found here and can be down loaded here
http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html

We are having stuffed peppers tonight for dinner! Yummy! Since my parents got up here we have been grilling a ton. They bought me/us a grill for my birthday (not until July) so we could grill the salmon the night they got here (which was amazing). Hopefully next week I will say we are having Halibut for dinner since Mike and Hans are going Halibut fishing in Homer this weekend. They are going out on a charter with a guy who used to work with me at DOWL, so they get a discount!!

Nothing else is really going on. Mike is working nights this week, but only 5 nights since he took Thursday and Friday off last week with my parents in town (well it was more that the Aces were playing but we will say it was for his inlaws!)

No comments:

Post a Comment