We had a nice and relaxing weekend. Mike and Hans had a great time fishing (will post pictures tonight). They pretty much had a private charter. It was Mike, Hans, Will (the captain), and Wills Brother (the "deck hand"). There were supposed to be 2 other people but they back out at the last minute. So after fishing all day Mike and Hans brought home 8 Halibut, yes 8! There is a limit of 2 per person and Will and his brother gave Mike and Hans theirs since they have enough fish already!!
Samantha and I (with Jacob too) went out to eat on Friday and then went shopping at Kohl's and Target. I got a new dress and a really pretty orange short sleeve sweater thingy. Saturday I slept until noon, it was fabulous. Then did some grocery shopping and stopped at Joann's to get fabric for a purse I want to make. Then went to the mall with Samantha, I watch Jacob while she was looking for and trying on some clothes. We made spaghetti for dinner and then watch movies until the boys got home at 11:30.
Sunday Mike and I went to church, it was our head pastors last day. Then we went to Goose Lake to try out the Kayaks. We tried out 5 different ones, 4 singles and one tandem. 2 of the singles are in our price range 2 of them are a bit above and of course we like the 2 that are more expensive. We have not bought one yet but we had a ton of fun paddling around the lake. Then last night we went to Hans and Samantha's to cut up the Halibut, vacuum seal it, and of course eat some of it. Samantha made a really good beer batter and we deep fried it. So yummy. When all was said and done the boys counted 60 packets for fillets and 2 packets of "cheeks." So each couple of 30 and a pack of Cheeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment