Monday night I made Rhubarb Muffins (http://thelocalcook.com/2010/
Tonight, Tuesday, after a walk at Kincaid Park where we saw a mama and a baby moose.
We came home and I made egg plant, for the first time. I do not like egg plant the way I made it tonight. I breaded it with wheat flour, milk & mustard, and then bread crumbs. Then baked it for 20 minutes. The outside was crispy and yummy, however the inside was yucky, it made me gag. Mike thought it was OK, but did not request I make it again. As the egg plant was cooking I whipped up a batch of Chocolate chip zucchini bread and muffins, 4 mini loafs and 6 muffins. After I cleaned up the kitchen I decided to make some Baked Kale Chips I have been meaning to make for a while. http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/baked-kale-chips/ The Kale Chips are a success! Mike looked at them with some scepticism but after the 1st one he wanted the entire bowl! I wish I had made these a lot sooner because they were super easy and super yummy.
Tomorrow we are having Steak with baby bok choy. And then we have youth group and then the gym so no time to cook. bummer. Cooking makes me happy and my tummy full!

No comments:
Post a Comment