Last night, before dinner with Samantha and Hans, Mike and I went on a 3 mile run around the neighborhood. Lets just say that it did NOT go as planned. About 1/2 through the run I started getting shin splints on my right. I was not a happy camper. I was pissed at my leg for doing this to me. I would walk and the leg was OK, start to run... not so much. For those of you have have not had the joy of experiencing Shin splints here is a link to learn more about them - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/shin-splints/DS00271. Under risk factors here is what Mayo has to say :
"Shin splints are most common among runners, particularly those just starting a running program. If you have flat arches, your feet may have a tendency to roll too far inward (pronate) when running — which can contribute to shin splints."
Basicly I have to ice, rest and maybe get a new pair of shoes. So I plan to "cross train" until Monday the 25th and then try running again. This makes me sad. Tonight I walked and did some Yoga.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment