Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10/24/2010

Research

Can I just say I highly dislike research!!!  I am in the Arctic Engineering Class through UAA this semester.  I have to write a 4 page paper on an Arctic Engineering Topic, I choose Water System Design in Arctic Regions.  Easy Peasy.... except the research.  I know the information but I need to have 5 references.  including 3 journal articles or specialty conference papers, what ever that is.  I have one reference, it is a book and I have spent the last 2 hours looking at the UAA library's web page and ASCE's (American Society of Civil Engineers) web page looking for journal articles.  I have found a few that might work... except ASCE wants me to pay $30 dollars for the full text! Are you kidding me, I thought that is why I had a membership with you....

I emailed my professor about it so hopefully she can point me in the right direction.  Seriously this paper should take like 4 hours total to write, if I could just get the references to include.  Ugh... not what I want to be doing on my Sunday off but, I need to get this finished before I leave for vacation.

Update:  When Mike went to work I went to the library at UAA.  I found 4 articles in three hours and now all I have to do is write the paper.  No problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment