Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10/11/2010

C25K update

Well I took the leap this weekend.  I decided since it was beautiful outside, think sunny blue sky's and high 30's/ low 40's, I would run outside.  I have not ran outside before simply because I am not good at pacing myself and I like to know how much time I have left.  Any who, I walked from the condo to the bottom of the Minnesota Drive Hill by West Chester Lagoon and started my week 8.1 run.  Which is run for 28 minutes, Yikes. 

I started my run/jog trying to go at a decent pace but not push myself too hard to start with.  I had decided at the start that I would run from the bottom of the hill to mile one and then turn around.  (Mile 0 started about 0.5 miles from where I started running.)  So I am running I see mile marker 0, then look for mile 0.5.  I did not see the 0.5 marker since it was on a bridge but made it to mile 1 feeling pretty good so I decided to keep going to mile 1.5 and then turned around.  After turning around I was just about spent so I paused for a moment to look at how much time I had remaining on the ipod.  Guess what? I had only 3 minutes left!  Holy Cow I was like 3 minutes, I can do 3 minutes, and took off trying to get back to the mile 1 marker.  I got to it and past it before the 28 minutes was up!

I was definitely tired by the time I got done running but I was so excited that I did it!  All on my own including pacing.  I think in total I ran 2.5 miles, so that is a pace of 11 minutes 12 seconds a mile!  While to most "runners" that is slow, that is HUGE for me.  I am supposed to run 28 minutes 2 more times and then up it to 30 minutes for 3 runs and I will complete the C25K program!!!  2 weeks left! Looks like I might make my goal of completing it before I go to Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment