Mike and I have been helping with the youth at our church since we moved to Alaska. We primarily help out on Wednesday night but also help out on special events such as retreats. In the past we have helped with Senior high, but this coming year we are going to be helping with Junior High! Last night was the final night of the summer session. We had a Relay night which involved playing all sorts or relay games. The new youth director Robbie had everything planned out including face paint for each of the teams to decorate them selves with. Mike and I were in charge of 20, yes twenty, 7th and 8th graders. 12 girls and 8 boys with a ton of energy. They did the dress up relay, a chariot race, a lego build thingy, and the banana relay, it was a blast watching them work as a team. This school year we will be helping at least every other Wednesday, the weeks Mike does not work. I will most likely be there more often.
We are also excited that we are going to be helping out with the little kids Sunday School this year. We will be teaching the 5&1st grade Sunday school. I am so excited to work with the little kids they are just so darn cute. But also pose their own set of issues. Sunday School starts the 12th of September! I shall be interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

woohoo!! I think this means you'll be Payton's Sunday school teachers - yippee! ;-)
ReplyDelete