Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8/19/2010

They Made it

Mike Sr, Grandma I and Grandpa I made it to Alaska on Wednesday! Mike took the day off to surprise them at the airport, they thought he had to work all day. We had some yummy Costco pizza for lunch, showed them around our place and since it was nice out we decided to drive up to flat top to show them the view! It was a bit chilly up there. We walked around the lower trails took some pictures, Mike picked a few blue berries and we headed back down. On the way back down there was a moose on the side of the road! They were all really excited to see it but did not get a picture of it since it ran off to fast.
Once back at the condo it was actually SUNNY out! I sat outside in the sun for an hour or so and had tan lines! Yeah that is how white I am. We hung out talked, watched a little TV. Mike Sr and I walked to Moose's Tooth to get some cream soda in a growler, yummy. While Mike started dinner. We had salmon on the grill, asparagus, rice, and blueberry rhubarb pie for dessert. We spent the rest of the night hanging out at the house. Calling it a night early.
Thursday I had to go back to work, bummer. Mike and the crew went to Earth Quake Park and to Potter Marsh. They saw salmon and eagles and Denali! The sun was out and shining again! When I got home form work Mike Sr was making Goulash for dinner. We invited Samantha and Jacob over for dinner and after dinner we loaded up the kayak and headed down to Westchester Lagoon. Mike Sr and I walked. Samantha tried to take Jacob out in the Kayak, but that only lasted about 2 minutes. Mike and I both went out, and Mike Sr decided not to try it. So we loaded up and headed home for the evening. It is so so so nice to have Visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment