Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8/10/2010

Should I attempt this again...C25K


The day before Callen died I blogged about how excited I was that I was able to run for 20 minutes without stopping. It was my 2nd or 3rd attempt at the C25K and I was getting so so close, well to the end of week 5 at least. Well since then I have not so much as stepped on the tread mill, until last night. I will confess I had not been to the gym since BEFORE I went to Kodiak... YIKES! I have been to Yoga a few times and have been on many walks on the coastal trail. So finally last night Mike and I got off our growing butts and made our way to the gym. I did Week 1 Day 1 of the the program for the 3rd or 4th time and Mike just ran. I did OK I was not completely beat by the end of it, but it was no 20 minute jog. Mike on the other hand was able to run 1.25 miles with out stopping, after not running for 3 month. How does this work?

Oh well I will get there. If I have calculated it right I should be able to complete it by October 11th. So my goal is to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping by the time Mike and I go to Minnesota, which is the 29th of October!! I know I can do it, I just have to force myself to go to the gym and get by butt of the couch. My real goal is to be able to run a 5K race next summer so I will have all winter to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment