Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5/03/2009

Sunday Cooking


Today I cooked...all day. I found the book Frozen Assets at the library. It had the grocery list and all the recipes for 2 weeks of meals for a family of 4 to 6, so a month of meals for 2. I made

12 Stuffed peppers
2 meals sloppy Joe's
4 meals Texas-style chili
1 meal poor mans casserole
1 meal spaghetti pie
3 meals chicken curry with east Indian rice ring
6 pieces of broccoli quiche
4 meals lentil-rice soup

In total it will last us 24 meals but the spaghetti pie is enough for 2 meals. It was much cheaper than the Alaska Dinner Factory (ADF)which I have been going to in the past. Mike and I went shopping Saturday. We spent $150 at Costco and $36 at Fred Meyers. But we also bought a bunch of stuff at Costco for lunches. It was cheaper that the ADF but it did take a lot longer. When I go to the ADF it takes me 1.5 hours to make 12 meals and costs $140. Today I baked from 11 till 5, so 7 hours and made 24 meals for $150.


While I was baking Mike finished cat proofing the condo. Java almost took her own life on Saturday. She tried to jump from the window to the tree outside our kitchen. I heard scratching and looked and Java's back legs/claws were scratching the siding trying to get back in. So we added a screen thingy on the window and the porch. None of our windows have screens so I always worry about her jumping out. now we can at least have the porch door and kitchen window open with out worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment