Sunday was perfect day. We went to church in the morning. Then hung out at the house for a while. At 1:30 our friends Mary and Eric picked us up and we drove out to Camp Birchwood, the church's camp. There was a fun day out at the camp. We went on a walk, did some canoeing, made sommores and hot dogs over the camp fire. It was great to get away from the city and really enjoy the nature Alaska has. I will post some pictures later. On our way back into Anchorage we stopped at Target, sadly it feels like home in Target. (Mary also agrees with me on this one, she grew up in Alexandria, MN.) When we got home Mary and Eric can up and we talked about the drive up to Alaska. They are going to be driving from Anchorage to the lower 48 at the end of July, since they are up here just on an extended vacation. We showed them our route and the scrapbook pages I had done from our trip. They liked the pictures of the goats and bison we saw along the way.
Java is still not quite herself. We are on here last day of meds. I am not so impressed with the Vet we went to. I have been told at least a half dozen times that they (the receptionist) will "put a note on the doctors desk to have her give me a call" and I have yet to recieve a call with out calling them upset. We are going to maybe try changing her food or getting fresh food for her since we have had the bag we currently have for a while.
No big plans this week. Our first softball game is on Tuesday, church Wednesday and if the weather is good we want to go on a hike on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment