Sorry but I have to vent some where or I might bring a hammer with me to the Internet/cable place. (If you remember the old lady who brought her hammer into the cable store and broke a bunch of phones...) So Alaska is apparently the end of the world. Why in the world is it that it is not standard to have unlimited Internet access? No in Alaska you have to pay out the butt if you want unlimited Internet access and ... and with GCI if you want unlimited access you HAVE to get the 160 channels of cable. Grrrrrrr. We decided last month to switch to unlimited since we want to have the ability to watch movies online, talk on Skype with out worrying and Mike likes to play his new xbox online. He says it is "family bonding" since he plays with his brothers and one of my cousins online. I do not understand why it costs so freaking much for cable and Internet. And really I only watch about 3 channels on Cable (TLC, Food Network, and HGTV) and Mike only watches a handful (ESPN and what not), other wise we watch the Basic Cable Channel's and movies via Netflix. Here is my genius idea of the day... Cable companies should offer customers a pic 5 option where you can pick 5 cable channels you want for say $20 or $30 a month.
Back to the Internet. It is crap that they pigeon hole you into getting a big cable package if you want unlimited Internet... there is no other option. Do you want to know how much it is BEFORE TAXES and FEES for the Unlimited Internet, cable and home phone with GCI? $121!!! There are 3 Internet providers in Anchorage GCI, AT&T and ACS. GCI is the only option Mike and I have in our neighborhood. We have looked into getting a wireless connect card thingy from Verizon or other cell phone company... but again they have x amount of download capability per month without having to give them your right arm and first born. Some day Alaska might become like the rest of the United States... but right now we are living on the moon in terms of electronic technology.
I now return you to the scheduled programing...
MY MOM IS ALMOST HERE!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment