At Molokini
A Closer look
Whale Hump
Today we got up and drove Maalaea Harbor. We took a boat tour out to Molokini Island Preserve. On the way out we saw a group of whales and learned that normally 6-10 male whales crowd around a female whale and you see splashes because the males are fighting over who gets to be closest to her. I am glad I am not a Whale... the boat ride was about an hour and when we got to Molokini we had an hour to snorkel. Mom, Mike, and I rented wet suit tops to help keep us warm in the water. We stayed in the water the entire time and did not want to get back on the boat for the ride into shore. On the way back we got lunch on the boat. We stop in an area where sea turtles are often found. We got so close to them it was amazing, they are HUGE, like trash can lids HUGE. I have a love for turtles and I was jumping up and down, not kidding.
After the boat ride back to town we had ice cream and shaved ice at Hula Cookies in Maalaea. Then headed back to the condo to hang out. We decide to go to Whaler's Village, a shopping area near the condo for dinner. We had a steak and seafood dinner at LeiLani's on the Beach. Mom had Mahi Mahi, Dad had Shrimp scampi, Mike had Sword Fish, and I had steak. After stuffing our selves we walked along the board walk next to the beach for a while. It kinda spit off and on. We also saw some of a Luau at one of the hotels.

No comments:
Post a Comment