Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2/12/2010

Day Ten

The Moon
Mai Tai

Me and Mike at Dinner

Mom and Dad at dinner

at the beach

in the water


flippers


mike going to Snorkel
Black Rock


We slept in a little this morning and then got up to watch the whales and turtles while drinking our coffee. Mom and Dad's flight left at 11 PM that night so it was our last day together. We decided to pack up and go to Kaanapali Beach and Snorkel by Blackrock. So we loaded on the sun screen and found some free parking for beach access. First we decided to walk down to Whalers Village and go through the Whalers Museum, it had tons of history on the hunting of whales, let me say I do not want to work on a whaling ship. Sometimes the men were at sea/ on a voyage for 5, yes FIVE years. And would only make like 10 Dollars.
Kaanapali beach was perfect; white sand, little coral at the shore, nice wave to jump in/float on, and calm areas to snorkel at. We got our gear on and headed out to see some fish. I think this was the best place we snorkeled at. We say hundreds of fish, and school of fish, the Hawaiian State fish (the humuhumunukunukuapua'a or Trigger Fish), and could hear the whales/dolphins calling to each other under the water. Let me tell you that was an amazing experience. We got a bunch of sun, started to turn pink so we headed back to the condo.
We all took shower, and Mom and Dad got all packed up. We decided to go to the Aloha Mixed Plate for dinner, they serve native Hawaiian Food, with out the Luau price, or show. Mom and I got Mai Tai's, and we watched the sunset. After dinner we went into Lahina and walked around. Mike and I bought a Tiki guy, with a turtle on his head. (Since getting him back to AK he has cracked in a few placed, due to lack of humidity but he is still so cool. Currently he is on our mantel.) Then we headed to the airport. Mom and Dad dropped us off at our rental car place before going to drop their car off. Mom and I cried :(
After crying a little more, since I do not know the next time I will see my Mommy and Daddy, Mike and I went to the Melting Pot (http://www.meltingpot.com/). We had made reservations online for 10:30, but got there at 10:00. It looked closed??? We went in and it took us a while to find someone... who told us they were closed, confused I said we had reservation that had been confirmed by a phone call, so she seated us. I can't tell you how strange it was, with no one else in the restraunt and the bar closed at 10 on a Saturday. But Mike and I ordered Yin & Yan chocolate fondu and enjoyed all the dipper. ( FYI I did an online survey complaining about our dessert experience and the manager called us and is sending us a Gift Card to use later.)
We went back to the Condo. Sat on the deck, listening to the ocean, until we got ready for bed. Denying that we had to leave the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment