Today was better. Mike and I got up and went to his church in Minneapolis with his grandparents. I had a few teary eyed moments but no bawling moments today... yet. I had to say goodbye to Marja this morning... that sucked. I cannot believe the great friend she is. After church we went out to lunch with G&G I to IHOP. It was yummy. We stopped at Target to get some gifts for Preston and then headed to Mikes Parents house. We hug out and played with Preston for 5 hours this afternoon. He has so much energy and was so excited to play with us. We played with stickers, trucks, and a slinky. Mike also played in the snow with Preston and Tasha (Mike's sister). He made us laugh so hard when he was riding on Tashas back like a pony. Tasha started to talk and Preston said " horseys don't talk" Followed by "Horseys don't laugh" We were rolling in laughter.
Tonight we had Brazilian Kibe for dinner brought to us by our friend Merry. Then I looked through hundreds of cards from family and friends. It was so fun to read all the stories and memories. Nicole was over tonight and then I had to say good bye to her too. She gave me a journal to write in... I think I am going to write all the memories and stories I have of Callen in there. Even though some of them I do not remember but have been told so I feel like I was there.
Our awesome friends Hans and Samantha also booked our tickets back to Alaska Last night. We leave Saturday at 6:30... That is going to be so so so so so hard. I am trying to put it in the back of my head but it is going to suck.

No comments:
Post a Comment